Tuesday, October 27, 2009

It's almost countdown time

For Card Swap this month we created altered items. I got this great idea from a friend and had tons of fun creating these countdown block sets. I made one reversible base and 2 sets of blocks for each person. One set is a Christmas countdown and the other is a Countdown to Card Swap. The Christmas set alone would make a great gift for friends, familly, teachers etc. for the holidays. I will be selling the kit on my website . The kit includes the blocks and the vinyl lettering and numbers. all you need is paper and modge podge. Check out all the fun designs I came up with....

3 comments:

*katie said...

I totally made some of these this week! I just don't have the shorter block for them to sit on...I'll find something laying around:) Very cute papers!
p.s. did you stain the wood?

"Cottage By The Sea" said...

I am constantly amazed by your creativity! These blocks are great. They could be used as advent blocks to count down to Christmas. If one buys them from you do they come ready made, or, well you know - would I have to actually craft them?

Blessings,
Tia

PaigesPages said...

Katie yes i used ink to stain the edges.

Tia yes you actually have to creft them but it is fun afternoon project.