Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Frugal Summer Fun

So I am trying to keep my kids busy this sumer without going broke so I thought I would share some fun ideas we are doing.

Monday was Mall day- I had some returns so we headed out we split a buy one get one free pretzel at Auntie Annes pretzels plus a drink and dip $6. I got this fabulous discount card from the High school with great discounts, these are great to look for at the beginning of the school year when the kids are fundraising. We did some window shopping and Adam played on the free playground, the girls tried on clothes for fun and we got see all the cute puppies at the pet store. We ate $1= $4 sundaes from Mcdonalds and ended the day with a cute train ride for Adam and Sarah for $6. All in all we spent $16 and had an afternoon of fun.

Tuesday Fair Day- Yesterday we headed to The San Diego County Fair
Parking- Horsepark free ( line was Looong but moved fast)
Tickets- $2 Free for kids on tuesday, and sean and I got $1 return tickets from when we went so Emiy and I used those.
Lunch- Packed at home and ate while we watched a dance group
Rides- $25 I let each kid have 4 rides and bought the discount sheet + a few extra
Games- $2 They each got to play the fish game and try to win a gold fish- No Luck
Treats-$12 It was taste of the Fair tuesday and that means lots of food vendors offer smaller portions for only $2...We ended up with funnel cakes and get this $1 Shaved ice It was the best!
Gifts- we found a fun place the kids could get 3 neclaces for $5, the girls each picked cute one and even Adam wanted one...of course the shark tooth one which he immediately poked his sister with and she started crying...Boys!
Total-$46 for Mom and 3 kids

Great fun memories at the fair!

No comments: