Monday, May 18, 2009

I thought I was clever


My mother-in-law being out of town on Mother's day gave me an additional week to come up with a gift..Now I do have a thing for coming up with creative original gifts- if I do say so myself. So I set out on this task last week and thought myself so clever! A basket filled with new summer kitchen towels, a pretty new table cloth and some fabulous cooking magazines. I decided to top it all off by making her a cute half apron.Perfect! I thought. I then arrived at the in-laws for a fabulous Mother's day dinner yesterday and to my surprise found my Mother in law in the middle of making an APRON for her mom for Mother's day...she then proceeded to tell me how she made a half apron for her friend last week....Great minds think alike!

BTW meet Melinda my daughter(Sarah's) new decorative dress form I found at Ross. She has affectionately named her Model Melinda and she hangs her outfit for the next day on her. Adorable!

2 comments:

shani z said...

you ARE clever. the basket was brilliant! and i can't wait to meet melinda--maybe emily could name her's jenn or courtney after another of pat's girlfriends.

*katie said...

Love Melinda and LOVE the apron! So cute!